The wait is over, after so many controversies and leak images Google announced his new product “Pixel 4” and “Pixel 4 XL” at Google 2019 Hardware event on 15th of October. The also cover-up the new Pixel Bud truly wireless headphone, the Pixel book Go, the Nest Wi-Fi and the Nest Mini.
In this article, we are only discussing Pixel 4 and Pixel 4XL. So, let’s see what Google has in the two new smartphones.
At theend of 2019, Google finally unveiled his two new smartphones “Pixel 4” and “Pixel 4XL”. In terms of display, Google Pixel 4 has a 5.7” OLED display with a resolution of 1080 X 2280 pixel and Pixel 4XL has 6.30” OLED display with a resolution of 1440 X 3040 pixel at a pixel density 443ppi and 537 PPI and an aspect ratio of 19:9. Both the devices are protected by Corning Gorilla Glass v5. Both phones come with 90Hz display as Google called them “Smooth Display” and can be toggled between 60Hz to 90 Hz from setting menu.
- On the specification, Pixel 4 and Pixel 4XL have the same Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 octa-core SoC (not Snapdragon 855+) with Adreno 640 GPU with 6 GB/64 GB and 6GB/ 128 GB Onboard storage, no External storage and no 3.5 mm headphone jack.
- Out of the box, Google Pixel 4 and Google Pixel 4 XL run on the Android v10 (Q) operating system with a new pixel theme app and a shortcut to pull down the notification shade by swapping your finger. Google also offered a pre-installing new Recording app on Pixel 4 and Pixel 4XL that automatically transcribe the audio into the text from each voice recording. Ruther than, Google Pixel 4 and Pixel 4XL are comes with a three-month free google one cloud storage for new members but not included free unlimited backup of photos on google photos like previous Pixel devices.
- Google Pixel 4 and Pixel 4XL have Dual-Sim (GSM+GSM) where Sim1 is Nano Sim and Sim2 is an e-SIM slot with 3G, 4G/LTE support. On Connectivity, pixel phones have built-in Bluetooth v5.0, Wi-Fi, Mobile hotspot, NFC, GPS with A-GPS, Glonass and USB Type-C Charging port.
- Unlike the other smartphones that available in the market are most bezel-less or full-screen display but in Google Pixel 4 and Pixel 4XL comes with a bigger forehead with normal chine and thick bezel design looks quite good on both the new devices. The secret behind this bigger forehead is a sensor called Motion sensing Soli chip is implemented by Google next to the front-facing camera sensor in both Pixel 4 and Pixel 4XL. By using this sensor, it’s very easy to change songs, snooze alarms, silence
calls andmany more by waving your phones but only available for selected countries.
- Like iPhone 11 and LG G8 smartphones, Google Pixel 4 and Pixel 4 XL come with two faces unlock IR Cameras, a dot projector and a flood illuminator able to create, verify and unlock your phones most correctly and quickly. Other sensors like Ambient Light sensor, Proximity sensor, Accelerometer, Barometer, Gyroscope sensor are also available in both pixel phones.
- There is a big square camera bump on the back of the devices. Under this bump, Google Pixel 4 and Pixel 4XL have a 16-megapixel telephoto lens with f/2.4 aperture at 1.0 micron of pixel size and 12.2-megapixel Dual Pixel lens with f/1.7 aperture at 1.4 microns of pixel size with time-of-flight sensor for measuring accurate distance and depth-sensing with LED flash. It supports 8 Megapixel selfie camera on the front with f/2.0 aperture at 1.22 micron of pixel size.
- Live HDR+ with dual exposer control, a new feature added by Google on the
rear cameraof Pixel 4 and Pixel 4XL which allows live processing of photos whiletaken by the user’s camera before the final click.
- Learning-based white balancing is also a new feature that used AI-based white-balance feature in all photo mode for better, accurate color on the board, not only in Night mode.
- Night Sight with astrophotography is also a new feature on Google Pixel 4 and Pixel 4XL, allow users to take a better quality of the photo of the night sky.
- In terms of design, Google Pixel 4 has 8.2 mm of Thickness, 68.8 mm of Width, 147.7 mm of Height and Google Pixel 4XL have 8.2 mm of Thickness, 75.1 mm of Width, 160.75 mm of Height. The weight of both smartphones has 162 grams and 193 grams.
- Google Pixel 4 and Pixel 4 XL come with three different ccolorsare Just Black, Clearly White and a limited edition Oh So Orange.
- Both the phones is waterproof with
IPrating of IP68.
- On pricing, Google pixel 4 price Starts at $799 (£669) and Google Pixel 4XL Starts at $899 (£829) for 64 GB version and
extra$100 for both Google pixel4 and Pixel 4XL to upgrade into 128GB, only for US customer. But there is no confirmation to launch in India right now.
- Both the devices will be available by pre-ordering that starts from 15th October 2019, will shipping from 24th October. You can also buy those two phones from the Google Store, as well as from every major US carrier including AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint, Verizon, Xfinity Mobile, Spectrum Mobile